Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Shoot

Basically, I don't have a good title, because this post is not really about anything in particular. But the other day I was at my fav store Target perusing the aisles with no time constraints, which is the best way at Target when I noticed a young teenage girl (you know that awkward middle school age) looking at the hair straightners. I was picking up some much needed hair rubber bands, which I seem to go though exceedingly fast. Anyway, the girl was looking very awkward and was obviously studying the hair straightners with great concentration. I then noticed her very beautiful and very made up mother come up and tell her to hurry up. Then the women said and I quote (because for some reason I was still picking out the hair rubber bands) "Why even spend money on one of these, you hair is always a little weird" The poor girl's face just fell. I tried to make eye contact with her, but it was hopeless, I wanted to beat that stupid mom!

So, I left Target with a sad feeling, which is no way to leave Target, but somehow even though I only came in there for 1 thing, I left with about 5....oh well, it happens.

Why is it when it is cold outside everyone complains about how cold it is? I mean today I was out walking the damn dog, like always and it was damn cold, but I really don't want to be reminded about how cold it is. I then went to the gym later and everyone was complaining that it was cold outside...DUH! I mean we are all cold, we all are pale, we all have dry skin and hair. Not too much we can do, except move....hmmmm that's an idea!

Oh and to post along with Ole Macky from 1.21 I have to mention that we recently purchased these chicken pot pies from Costco, thinking they would be a good meal, but I looked at the nutritional info on the side and Holy Shit, those things are terrible for you! These are the little ones and I think they have around 650 calories in one and over 50 grams of saturated fat. I refuse to eat one. If I am going to eat something bad for me, it will be something awesome, like cheesecake or double chocolate cake, not chicken pot pie for god's sake! They will be for Paul.


Comments:
You should have turned to that poor girl and said "I think you have beautiful hair, and I'm sure a lot of girls are very jealous." There are few things that irritate me more than a parent that is completely ignorant to their child's feelings. Not to mention this kind of public display... sickening.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?