Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Even Greater Expectations

Just thought I would note that I am currently reading Great Expectations for my book club (we threw some classics in for good measure) and I am really liking it! I read in high school, probably with Shannon sitting next to me and I hated it. So, when I started it I thought I wouldn't like it, but surprisingly it is somewhat of a page-turner. Who knew? And if anyone wants any book suggestions I can put the list of books we are reading for 2005 for my book club up as a comment. Have a great Tuesday:)

Comments:
OOOOPS sorry I posted it twice! I guess its too early to be posting.
 
I'd love to see the list stephanie. im currently reading like two books and you never know if I might wanna throw another in the mix just to make it even more impossible to finish one of them.
 
Here is my book list:

Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins
Atonement by Ian McEwan
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by Dave Eggars
Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi
Gaudy Night by Dorothy Sayers
Player Piano by Kurt Vonnegut
Delta Wedding by Eudora Welty
Sophie's Choice by William Styron
Obsessive Genius by Marie Curie/Barbara Goldsmith
Devil in the White City by Erik Larson
I am Charlotte Simmons by Tom Wolfe
 
Oooooooo...nice list. I read Devil in the White City last year and it is highly entertaining and just received a copy of A Staggering Work for Chrrstmas. I fondly recall not reading Great Expectations (although I perused the Cliff Notes) in Mr. Hannan's English class. You guys should watch South Park's spoof of Great Expecations at your book club; it's totally clownin'. If you need a copy let me know.
 
Devil in the White City is a good book; I had a lot of fun reading. I know a lot of people liked Heartbreaking Work but I just didn't think it was all that. I'll be interested to hear what you think of it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?