Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Boooooo


John and I were mildly excited to go see this film, er, movie last night. Although it had gotten terrible reviews my sister said that it was good. Boy was she wrong. This is by far Wes Anderson's worst film, if not one of the most hyped worst films of this year. It seemed like the movie was probably about 5 hours long to begin with and they just cut it down until it fit into a normal time frame for a movie, which gave it the choppiest, most pointless feel. The dialogue absolutely sucked. There was maybe one funny line in the whole movie and I'm only saying that because I'm searching for there to be one good line so I won't feel like I wasted $21.50 and about 4 hours getting to and seeing this movie at the Grove (the disneyland/vegas of malls). Benji from that band, er, punk rock boy band was there with an entouragelette looking very poser. I don't know if it has to do with neither of the Wilsons being part of the writing team of this movie or what but, I'll say it again. It really really sucked. In fact Luke Wilson wasn't even in it I now realize and he is probably one of the more funny actors in Anderson's bunch. See it if you must when it darkens the doorstep of a theater near you, but please, don't be like all the other hipster losers that were there last night and laugh just because you think you're supposed to at a Wes Anderson movie. Thats it for me.
Comments:
Leah, that's pretty much what I've heard about the movie too. You might want to check this out. It's pretty much bashing Bill Murray's recent turns in Wes Anderson films. I like Rushmore and RT a lot, but I can still see what this guy is saying.
 
In reference to your behest: "don't be like all the other hipster losers that were there last night and laugh just because you think you're supposed to a a Wes Anderson movie."

As Slate film critic David Ede;stein put it: "As one of the few cinephiles under age 50 who doesn't drop to his knees at the mention of Wes Anderson, I was hoping to like The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou."

I haven't seen it yet but it's slowly moving down my priority queue.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?