Monday, October 04, 2004

Rainy days and Mondays always get me down

Ok, you know it's bad when I use a Carpenter's song for the title of a post, so I'll make this short and painless. Mondays can suck, especially if you're sick. Luckily I'll be out of the office most of today driving to Loogootee. I'm a little excited because my snazzy car has a tape and CD player (hey, it's a 1994, so it was made on the cusp of the DIGITAL AGE). I was up in Indianapolis this weekend and I came across a whole shoebox of mix tapes from my youth. My plan is to listen to them all and decide if any are worth keeping. The first one pretty much consisted of Cypress Hill with a dash of the Dazed and Confused soundtrack. It got the heave-ho.

Anyway, since Mondays don't bring the cheer, here are a few sites dedicated to being bitchy. Go Fug Yourself mercilessly makes fun of celebs and their wacky, tacky getups, Some Blogs are Better than others rips on bloggers (duh with the title, Alison), and this guy just seems to make fun of himself. But its hilarious.

Good things to happen today (besides the mix tape motherload, of course):
1.I was way late to work but still beat my boss into the office and had my puter all booted up by the time he walked by my office.
2. The security guard in the parking lot didn't wave back to me for the THIRD DAY in a row. I'm almost positive he just sits in his truck and sleeps behind his sunglasses. That would explain his mouth hanging open all the time. Go security guard! Get those Zzzzzzzzz!

Ah, so much for brevity....
Comments:
Ahhh, Mondays. Mine has been a little more hectic, but now that I'm at work things have settled down. I love finding old mix tapes or cds and listening to them and then thinking, why did I like this music? What was going on in my life when I thought this mix was the shit? I can totally use music to evoke memories and thoughts from days gone by. Whenever I think of you, Alison, and music from the high school days, I think of Nirvana, L7 and of course, Weezer...singing in Algebra! Good Times.
 
I was always a fan of Jenny's mixes, which usually included at least one Regulators and a "biotch" or two from Doggystyle.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?