Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Annoying comics I love

For the last few weeks, I've been begging Mike to take me to see Wanda Sykes when she comes to Indianapolis this weekend. Hey, if you want to see her too, she's on a national tour. Oooh, go and then we can talk about it! But Mike just kind of smiles and nods and tries to gently lead the subject away from Ms. Tounge Untied (I know you all have seen that stand-up special on Comedy Central). So yeah, I accept that for most people, save for yelling out "I'm WANDA SYKES" in your most annoying voice, seeing the Big W. holds no appeal. In fact, I know people that decided to boycott the Larry David Show just because she was on it.

Much to Leah's chagrin, I even love lil old Amy Sedaris better when she's Jerri Blank, Flatpoint high school's user, abuser and two time loser. Go concrete donkeys! Obviously some other people like these comedians (I'm sorry, I think typing comediennes is about as lame as using the terms "zany" and "funnyman") or Wanda wouldn't be "doin' it, y'all" every week on Comedy Central and Matthew Broderick and Sarah Jessica Parker wouldn't be all riled up about the upcoming Strangers with Candy movie. But who are these fellow-minded fans and where can I find them? I know I can have a weird (okay, dumb) sense of humor, but they've got to be out there.....

Because I'm now newly obsessed with Nick Swardson. I've only seen him around a few times, but he's made a definite impression on my woodland creature mind. I first saw him on a stand-up show on Comedy Central, but now he has a recurring role as Terry the gay rollerskating janitor inmate on Reno 911. I love him! His cute and funny in a boyish way that reminds me of Hal Sparks (and would you look at where he's gone since my crush began? From Talk Soup to Queer as Folk...maybe there's a theme here). Somebody get him on a Vh-1 list show stat! He's my new goofy crush.

Oh yeah, the Onion AV Club has an interview with Wanda.


Comments:
i may have had a thing against jerry blank, but i definitely love amy sedaris. i think id even love jerry blank now. after reading her brother's books i feel like i know her.
 
alison, i feel you on wanda. i saw that larry david episode and got a kick out of it...i like big butts and i cannot lie! maybe you should buy mike tickets as a belated birthday gift...
 
alison, i feel you on wanda. i saw that larry david episode and got a kick out of it...i like big butts and i cannot lie! maybe you should buy mike tickets as a belated birthday gift...
 
alison, i feel you on wanda. i saw that larry david episode and got a kick out of it...i like big butts and i cannot lie! maybe you should buy mike tickets as a belated birthday gift...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?