Sunday, August 29, 2004

Blind Date, Reality Style

So, I had my first blind date this weekend (yeah apparently this is how Singlesville is now!) with a fellow named Patrick. We were set up by a mutual friend (my old supervisor at the Julian Center and his rommie), Courtney, chatted quite a bit before actually meeting, and went to see "Do the Right Thing" a Spike Lee film, at the Indy Museum of Art on Friday.

While I do find him to be easy to chat with and an interesting guy, I'm not dtc on a second date. Somehow I feel a bit too materialistic for him because he suggested that instead of working two jobs, I could just live off of my Americorps stipend (and keep in mind I qualify for food stamps with my stipend!) and not do things like dye my hair. (pop-up bubble says: insults aren't the new compliments). He also fanatasizes about the nomadic life as lived by Jack Kerouac and other Beat writers, while I vividly remember getting tired of living from my pack for that first month in New Zealand. So, all in all, I enjoyed myself, but next time I do a blind date, I want Roger Lodge to be introducing us!

Side Note: I did see the classic Olan Mills couple, Tony and MC, at the movie. Goodtimes!



Comments:
Jennie, sorry to hear the 2nd date won't be happening. Ummm yeah, if you want to work 2 jobs you should be able to, if there are things your stipend won't cover, a woman has needs (or wants) but damn you should be able to have them , esp if you are working for them!
 
wow. that guy sounds like he was making some pretty bold comments. i don't know if i would be a fan of someone getting all up in my biz after a 1st date. going to that movie sounds cool, though.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?